Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dustin's Bar-B-Q (Edgewater, FL)





Doop's Order: Pork Lunch Special with Garlic bread, Sweet Potato, Beans, and Sweet Tea ($8.36)
Kyle's Order: The Super Jumbo Sandwich Beef, w/ Bar-b-q Beans and Sweet Tea ($8.36)


Kyle's Take: Dustins has been around for quite some time so they have to be doing something right. They have a couple locations in the Volusia County area. I was pretty hungry so I got the Super Jumbo Sandwich with beef. The sandwich was pretty good sized, but with a name like super jumbo I expected it to be a little bigger. The beef was tasty and they piled a decent amount on the bun. The beans were good, however, I was disappointed that the sandwich only came with one side. The hot sauce was also hot enough to give me the hiccups for a couple mins. Dustins reminded me of a steakhouse really, more than a BBQ place.

Doop's Take: If you have a big appetite, this is the place for you! Kyle and I just got done playing 18 holes of golf and had a huge appetite for... you guessed it, Barbecue. I had known about Dustin's BBQ before. When I would drive to Gainesville, FL, I would always see a huge sign for Dustin's in Ocala and had always wanted to try it. It is a pretty spacious place, wide open. You can seat yourself when you get in. The sweet tea is home made, so that right there is a plus. I ordered the lunch special, which does not come as a sandwich, but it does come with garlic bread so you can make a sandwich. I got the baked beans, which were homemade and also, for the first time, i got the sweet potato. Ok, the garlic bread disappointed me a bit. It was french bread, so i was not able to make a sandwich with my pork. The beans were good, and the sweet potato; which came with brown sugar and butter, was pretty good. Now for the sauces. The best was the brisket sauce. The hot sauce was a little disappointed. It was hot, but not throat burning hot! Probably the best thing was the portion size! I had a lot, and it was all good. So, if you have a huge appetite, Check into Dustin's BBQ, you wont be disappointed!

Kyles' Beef: I think the menu is a little overpriced. The Super Jumbo should be a little more jumbo too.
Doop's Beef: The restrooms did not have a/c.

Kyle's Rating: 6/10
Doop's Rating: 7.5/10

No comments: